Tuesday 7 January 2014

Steps to a better 2014...

"Be the Change you wish to see in the World." Gandhi. #Better2014

Hello Everyone, and welcome to a very special year. Am not a great believer of New Year’s resolutions. They only focus on mere symptoms like weight loss, time keeping, procrastination, etc. most of which are bound to fail after a few days at most a few weeks with out proper planning. I have figured out a few tips on how you can turn your 2014 into a more productive year for you in all areas of life. Here are a few steps:

Let go and move on...
 Forgiving people who hurt you is very difficult but I learnt a lot from the Late Nelson Mandela. He thought the whole world a great lesson about forgiveness and reconciliation. The thirst for justice often translates into vengeance. Start the New Year by making an authentic effort to forgive everyone yes, everyone who has ever hurt you. I know it's very difficult and it may require a few attempts but in no time you will begin to experience a new sense of inner calmness and clarity.

Change is good...
To have a better 2014, you have to be willing to change. Change is the only way to grow and progress into the person you want to become. Many people don't like change, which can make it very hard to grow. When you keep an open mind and are willing to change, you are able to grow into the person you want to become.

Be grateful daily...
Never forget that each day is a blessings. Most times, we start our day not even thinking about what we're doing and how lucky we're to do it. Cultivate the habit of waking up every morning and reflect on at least three things for which you are grateful  no matter what stresses you face because it will set your day on a different track.

If it's yours take it...
When things go wrong, I quickly give different excuses and blame others instead. I learned that taking accountability for your own mistakes is extremely important. I stopped making excuses, took the blame when it was truly my fault, and was able to achieve so much more. By understanding that I made a mistake, I was able to use my mistakes to learn which in turn helped me become a better person.

Honesty sets you apart...
Honest people are hard to come by nowadays. However, honesty is the best remedy for any situation. Challenge yourself to be honest by getting rid of bad habit and replace the with good once. 


I love reading your comments and thoughts about my posts, so don't forget to leave them below and you can share your tips and experiences as well...

Don't forget to follow me on
 Twitter Facebook Instagram

Until next time...
Have a blessed 2014...
Ashabi
xoxo

Well said #better2014 #successquotes #inspiration

2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...